VMWare / Citrix Engineer
Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
We are actively looking for someone to work in our client's Virtualization team, who is in charge of the administration, maintenance, and evolution of virtualization infrastructures that are based on Citrix products, Nutanix and VMware as well as on Dell EMC, HPE and Nutanix server hardware.
• Ensure the administration, maintenance and evolution of the Citrix, Nutanix and VMware virtualization platforms
• Ensure the administration, maintenance and evolution of the Dell EMC, HPE and Nutanix physical servers
• Participate in the definition of virtualization technical infrastructure that meets the needs of the trades and respects the customer's security policy
• Deploying technical solutions
• Write technical and operational documentation for these infrastructures
• Provide third-level support in the event of system malfunctions with the support of integrators and manufacturers
• Track ingeking and remediation of vulnerabilities on products and equipment
• Perform daily maintenance including incident handling
• Participate in the Disaster recovery plan for this infrastructure
Languages (spoken and written): French and English
• Personal skills:
• Being able to work as a team
• Be self-reliant and have a sense of initiative
• Be customer-oriented and have good communication skills
• Be rigorous in your duties
• Have a good organization/planning of your tasks
• Having compliance with procedures
• Excellent control of products and infrastructures (architecture, installation, configuration, maintenance): Citrix XenDesktop7.x / Citrix Netscaler MPX / VMware vSphere 6.x (ESXi, vCenter, PowerCLI, Update Manager)
• Scripting knowledge (Linux Batch, Windows Batch, PowerShell, Perl)
• Good control of Linux and Windows Server environments
• Very good knowledge of interconnection techniques/network communications and network security (networks, network segmentations, VLAN, routing, firewall, proxy, DNS, DHCP, NTP etc.)
• Understanding storage techniques related to virtualization infrastructures (datastores, LUN, etc.)
• Mastery of Microsoft Office tools (communication and documentation)
• Mastery of technical tools of connection and communication (RDP, SSH customers, SCP customers, Internet browsers, etc.)
• Knowledge of backup tools, including VMware VDP and IBM Spectrum Protect
• Knowledge of Nutanix hyper-converged systems (or failing that, VMware vSAN)
• Knowledge of Dell EMC PowerEdge and HPE Proliant and Synergy server ranges
• Knowledge of Dell EMC OpenManage and HPE OneView management tools and supervision
• Knowledge of server infrastructure monitoring tools and techniques (Zabbix, SNMP, etc.)
• Mastery of server deployment and migration techniques
• Microsoft Active Directory Knowledge and User Management and Permissions
• Knowledge of database structures
Start date: as soon as possible
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: