UNIX System Engineer
Hasselt 1A, Beiler 9944, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
The Unix Systems Engineer will provide enterprise-wide Unix System infrastructure support for complex system and interconnected technologies that require day-today support and administration in order to maintain optimum performance and utilization.
Provide support in the following areas: Sun Solaris (from 8 to 11), Redhat Systems Operational Support, Cluster administration and server virtualization
Note High Expertise is required in one of them at least : Solaris, or Linux Redhat.
• Perform Unix Systems Administration for our customers Enterprise Unix Systems to include Oracle Servers like T7-4
• Maintain UNIX infrastructure environment during business hours and off-hours;
troubleshoot Unix networking services and protocols.
• Install, configure, and maintain UNIX server equipment, disk arrays; UNIX routine operation functions; maintain high end UNIX servers and current and new UNIX projects.
• Provide data protection, recovery and business continuity; test and validate disaster recovery and business continuity methods in UNIX environment.
• Perform routine backup and recovery for data protection and integrity; monitor UNIX infrastructure which consists of complex sets of equipment and system software; provide proactive remediation.
• Perform proactive monitoring for high availability, System data protection, backup and restore, UNIX central authentication, user account management, disk storage management, hardware and OS maintenance, and application maintenance.
• For our numerous projects: Install, configure and maintain highly optimized Virtualized UNIX environment using Zone/Container, LDOM technologies; UNIX High Availability environment consisting of different HA techniques i.e. clustering, load balancing, and cluster file systems; UNIX storage environment using Solaris Disk Suit or Solaris Volume Manager, ZFS.
Skills & EXPERIENCE DESIRED Desired
Five to Ten years’ experience providing Unix/Solaris systems administration support
for large scale complex unix environments.
• High Availability techniques in the UNIX environment
• Solaris Disk Suit or Solaris Volume Manager and ZFS.
• Shell scripting and/or Perl scripting experience.
• System level support for Oracle application and database Servers, Java application servers, Websphere or other large-scale databases in a UNIX environment.
• Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in UNIX environment; HDS/EMC storage array based SAN environment.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting Solaris
• UNIX environment with Oracle, Java application server and Websphere or other largescale databases.
• Sun Virtualization technologies: Container (zone) and LDOM.
• The ability to keep up with updates/patches in the UNIX environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work within strict deadlines
with a wide spectrum of people
Location : Luxembourg
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: