System Administrator Brussels
Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
• Provides support related to local CIS Service provision during the execution phase;
• Documents the design and configuration of assigned ICT infrastructure and the required operating procedures;
• Implements procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of assigned ICT infrastructure and provides reports as required;
• Monitors and reports the capacity of the assigned ICT infrastructure;
• Assists with and implements assigned project work packages;
• Responsible for the user access management (creation, maint enance and deletion of user accounts) on all networks;
• Performs any other du ty as assigned;
The profile required
• Vocational training at middle level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent, or Diploma of a secondary education.
• At least 3 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post;
• be knowledgeable in using trouble ticket tools (e.g. BMC ITSM);
• be knowledgeable in the execution of testing and quality assurance procedures; have a very good knowledge of user account management on Microsoft Active
• Directory services; have a good knowledge of methods, tools and procedures required for
• continuous monitoring of Microsoft Active Directory;
• have the ability to accurately and strictly follow standard operating procedures
• and NATO policies;
• have attention to detail; be knowledgeable in recent and current Windows operating systems and
• common Windows desktop applications, such as MS Office and Adobe;
- be customer service oriented and have well developed oral and written communication skills;
• be a strong team player and contribute to an atmosphere of mutual respect,
• personal accountability, and professional support;
• have the flexibility and technical ability necessary to provide support to other
• Service Centre teams as workload and requirements demand; have the flexibility to adapt working hours for upcoming events, to include
• working occasionally outside normal, possibly extended, working hours; Desirable Experience and Education: certification covering the area of ICT User Support (ITIL Service Desk, Incident
• Response or Problem Practitioner; Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician); be knowledgeable in workstation management tools (e.g. Microsoft SCCM) broad knowledge of related Windows ICT technologies, such as MS-AD, MS-
• Exchange, PowerShell, Group Policy Objects, Antivirus, DNS, DHCP; knowledge of IT administration tools in general;
Location : Brussels
Language : English
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: