Euregiostraße 8, 4700 Eupen, Belgium
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
• System administrator (m/w)
The HQ is looking for someone to support their process of accrediting a large number of software applications and systems. They have a large number to tackle, plus new capabilities come online all the time. The specific tasks identified for the role, and associated skill/knowledge requirements, are as follows:
• Executing efficient maintenance (both in-house and outsourced), installation and testing, operation and user support of application software for the E-3A Component data and mission support processes, hosted on NAEW&C networks and stand-alone IT/CIS Systems (Data and Support Software);
• Assisting with application administration for the assigned software applications, to include introduction and maintenance of user groups, user profiles and site content management of portal software;
• Ensuring that all assigned IT/CIS Services (including software, on-line and archived data, workflows, etc.) are adequately protected according to NATO and NAEW&C security directives, to include a viable disaster recovery capability;
• Providing technical support on assigned application software to external agencies, when required.
• Assisting in the product selection and acquisition, trial installations and walkthroughs, deployment, enabler training, testing and release for use, in-house and outsourced technical support and maintenance, and 2nd level user support of each assigned IT/CIS Service;
• Executing review, testing, documentation, implementation and release for use of data and applications software;
• Arranging for and participating in installation support for IT/CIS Service application software and data on server and client platforms, including configuration management (i.e. user and system administration, license monitoring, product version identification, etc.);
• Participating in analysis of causes and incidents of IT Service failures (including IT System trouble-shooting) and effecting appropriate action to correct problems;
• Providing support needed to ensure the continuous availability of all required software application functionalities.
Requested skills, competencies and toolset knowledge:
• Deep knowledge of hardware installation (cabling, racking, labelling, upgrading, maintaining, troubleshooting ... );
• Deep knowledge of MS Windows Server and associated core enterprise services (Windows Server, workstation operating systems, active directory management, MS Exchange, MS Lyne) - Installation, patching, administration, tuning, configuration, hardening/securing, troubleshooting;
• Deep knowledge of networking protocols, ports & topologies (TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting);
• Deep knowledge of storage (SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, NFS, ZFS - setup, install, ..);
• A thorough understanding of backup techniques (configuration, administration, troubleshooting);
• Experience and thorough understanding of Disaster Recovery (HW /OS/Storage planning, implementation, testing, documenting;
• Familiar with processes related to Change/Configuration management.
• Knowledge of Intel hardware (servers, disk and tape storage);
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2; DNS management; Group policy management;
• Knowledge of and experience with System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Operation Manager, System Center Orchestrator, Microsoft Deployment toolset,
• Understanding of Remote Desktop Gateway Services; Remote App provisioning.
Desirable Specific Experience:
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate SQL Server 2012
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert SharePoint
• Microsoft Technology Associate Developer
• Microsoft Technology Associate IT Infrastructure
1. English proficient.
2. German is an asset
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: