Storage Architect - Net APP
Hasselt 1A, Beiler 9944, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
We are currently looking for a “Storage Architect – Net APP for Luxemburg” to support the business in achieving its objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• He will play a critical technology-centric architectural role in building scalable, multi-tenant storage solutions
• He will also help drive the highest levels of workflow automation and orchestration
• He will work closely with the technical teams to facilitate the troubleshooting and isolation of system issues, and in certain situations, develop strategies, scripts, etc to help automate maintenance and performance monitoring.
• He will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project lifecycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
Here’s what we are looking for in candidates
• At least 10 years of working experience in the technical areas of Storage.
• Participate in Storage System Design consulting, Storage capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Implementation and administration of the networked storage infrastructure and interconnected systems, capacity planning, and performance analysis and design of storage systems.
• Assist the technical teams in the daily engineering duties on systems. Determine current levels of system and application resource utilization and performance.
• Construct analytical models and develop workload projection methodologies to estimate and describe utilization and performance at multiple levels.
• Plan and evaluate storage requirements.
• Support the implementation of hardware and software upgrades and analyze the impact of new technologies on processor and peripheral utilization and performance.
• Construct capacity plans, develop capacity reports, oversee storage of capacity and performance data, and conduct capacity management audits.
• Support disaster recovery sizing activities.
• Design develop and Integrate Storage design, configuration, integration including but not limited to NetApp storage solutions.
• Provide capacity and performance management, design, configuration, and integration.
• Design, Develop and Operate High Availability/ Disaster Recovery (HA/DR) solutions management to configure, integrate, and support virtualization, systems, and appliance storage.
• Experience utilizing Bash, Shell, PERL and/or Python for automating redundant daily tasks.
• Experience utilizing NetApp, NetApp CLI, or other Data Storage Systems (DSS).
• Experience utilizing monitoring tools such as Nagios, iCinga,…
• Maintaining existing Storage running on Virtual Machines (VM's), and Hypervisors (Hyper-V's).
• Utilise existing Data monitoring tools and creating new monitoring processes or systems to ensure components are running and secured.
• Gather Storage and relevant System requirements and work to Design Storage and Data processes and systems to meet project goals.
• Troubleshoot and correct Storage issues as they relate to supported systems.
• Provide cost analysis of implementing new Storage or Infrastructure tools, or changes to current Storage Systems.
• Create and maintains relationships with Storage technology and Hardware vendors.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with NetApp tools such as: Data Fabric Manager, On Command Operations Manager/System Manager, and PowerShell. Develop, Configure and Integrate Virtual Storage Console for VMWare.
• EU citizenship.
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: