Service Desk Agent
Hasselt 1A, Beiler 9944, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
The IT Service Desk Analyst will provide first line for technical support to our customer. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of customer's issue, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role.
As a Service Desk team member your responsibilities will be:
• Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from customers regarding IT issues and queries;
• Receiving, logging and managing calls from customers;
• 1st line support - troubleshooting of IT related issues
• To Escalate unresolved calls to the 2nd line support or 3rd party;
• To follow up calls in the Service Desk Call Logging systems;
• To Take ownership of user issues and follow up the status on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner;
• To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles;
• To Provide basic in-house training in your domain expertise;
• Ensure the communication related to maintenance operation
• Active participation to the test/qualification phase for new service
• Writing / Updating procedure
• To Contribute to the knowledge base
• An ITIL qualification is an asset;
• Strong communications skills (oral/written) to interact effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers;
• Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment;
• Ability to work both independently and with other team members;
• You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service;
• Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills;
• A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
• ITSM Tools (SMT, BMC Atrium, Patrol, Proactive Net …);
• Oracle database;
• Operating system (Unix, windows);
• Network understanding (VLAN, DNS, …).
• Data Centre activities
• French and English knowledge are mandatory (speaking & writing);
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
• Team player;
• First IT Service Desk/IT Support experience (dispatching, troubleshooting, );
• You are able to work in shifts (7:30AM – 20PM)
Other requirements: EU citizenship
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: