Senior Storage and Backup Technical Administrator
Hasselt 1A, Beiler 9944, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
Role & Responsibilities
• Configure, maintain and serve as primary administrator over a SAN/NAS based storage environment.
• Administer and configure Brocade Fibre Channel Directors/Switches.
• Create and maintain and technical documentation.
• Monitor, tune, and troubleshoot IO performance issues.
• Make architecture and performance recommendations.
• Oversee daily Backup activities.
• Collaborate with IT staff on storage & backup needs.
• Monitor and create Backup Jobs, and troubleshoot failures.
• Automate, administer, manage, run and make reliable processes.
• Identify and assess technical issues and risks.
• Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
• Technical background, 5-10 years of professional relevant experience.
• Knowledge with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate) e.g. Dell/EMC, NetApp, HDS, etc.
• Experience operating Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS) as well as migrating/consolidating SAN/NAS.
• Extensive Knowledge & Experience on CommVault Backup tool & administration.
• Fiber Channel switches Cisco and/or Brocade.
• NFS and Block Storage Experience.
• Experience with network switches, fiber channel and VLAN configuration.
• Providing 24X7 Support.
• Strong server platform knowledge in Window and Linux.
• Scripting knowledge e.g. Perl, Python, etc.
• Working project management knowledge, processes, and procedures.
• Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
• Service-oriented mind-set.
• Experience working in managed service environment.
• Expertise in Data Replication & Snapshot technologies.
• Participate in ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned.
• Self-driven and willingness to expand technical skill set.
• Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs, and respond quickly to requests for information.
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: