Senior Program Manager
Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
• Plans, directs and coordinates activities to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters
• Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives
• Is responsible for managing the team that develops and carries out internal IT projects for assigned business units
• Stakeholder mapping and management across the impacted business organisations within scope of the project.
• Monitors project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise. Assures this is aligned with the PMO expectations and requirements.
• Assures requirements are met as put forward by the PMO regarding project methodologies, gates, documentation, reporting, ...
• Works closely with the assigned user community (and through business technologists) to determine how technology might assist in addressing its needs, and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications
• Understands how to leverage applications for competitive advantage
• Manages a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer
• Keep close contact with key end-user representatives directly or through account managers to ensure technologies are providing valuable information-sharing capabilities to customers.
• Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
• Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of projects, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel in collaboration with the resource manager.
• Formulate and define technical scope and objectives of projects.
• Confer with project staff to outline work plan.
• Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
• Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
• Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
• Prepare project reports for management, clients or others.
• Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
• Coordinate project activities with activities of business units.
• Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
• Develop quality assurance test plans.
• Direct quality assurance testing.
• Keep close, direct contact with key end-user representatives to ensure technologies are providing valuable information-sharing capabilities to customers.
• Manage internal and external systems/application development projects within assigned areas from inception to successful implementation:
• Define project objectives, scope and level of effort.
• Develop project strategies and plans, and identify the methods and tools required for the project.
• Get projects off the ground, keep them on track and on budget, and resolve issues with customers.
• Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
• Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Monitor progress against plan.
• Work closely with end users, business technologists and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs, and then develop system requirements and design specifications; direct efforts to refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
• Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
• Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
• Projects delivered on committed date
• Projects delivered within budget
• Projects delivered according to scope and (functional and non-functional) requirements
• Projects with formal release approval / cancelled prior to implementation
• Projects that adhere to a common / standardized delivery methodology and defined estimating model and have agreed project/quality/risk plans
• Time allocation (Project Mgt / Analyze / Design / Build / Test / Deploy; Direct / Value-add / Administrative)
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
• Ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation
• Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
• Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
• Skill in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
• Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to
• Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff and to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
• Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
• Ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship (IT, customers).
• Willingness to travel within Europe.
• Very good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
• Understanding of how to leverage business applications for competitive advantage
• Technical proficiency in hardware and systems software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with vendors
• Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading-edge technology
• Ability to blend creative, problem-solving and technical skills for refining existing theories or developing new system approaches to seize opportunities and sustain business success.
• PMP or similar PM credential
• Automotive sector experience
Location : Ghent
Language : NL+EN (+FR)
Start : beginning of December
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: