Senior Applicative Oracle Expert
Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
Your environment :
The DBA Dev. team consists of 3 people on site (internal and service providers).
The team is responsible for managing physical data models and databases performance, planning and performing (in Dev/Test environement) migration of legacy Oracle database, and also maintaining and developing database tooling.
The main technologies used are Linux and Oracle based (Exadata, APEX, Dataguard, Multitenant …).
Your mission :
Help team on conduction database migration from Legacy systems (AIX, 11.5) to new database environments (Exadata, 12.1/2, Multitenant). Ensure design, tuning, performance, support and advice on Oracle databases of in-house applications and packages.
You will have to :
• Provide, in the context of massive database migration plan, the documentation, support and instructions for database migration,
• Provide technical support on migrations to application development teams and production teams, both on internal developments and packages,
• Create and maintain documentation related to design and security rules & standards (naming convention, privileges setup, etc..)
• Implement and enforce security rules for all of the Oracle Databases,
• Perform proactive SQL and database tuning, be able to react to issues,
• Participate to the logical / physical design of databases with developers,
• Troubleshoot problems related to databases, applications and
• Review physical design and SQL code frequently to ensure the standards are well respected,
• Interface with internal DBA Ops. team responsible of the database administration,
Your profile :
• You are bachelor or master degree in computer science, or equivalent experience,
• You respect your commitments with high quality deliverables,
• You are creative, take initiatives always in the respect of team working and company,
• You are fluent in both written and spoken French, and a very good level in English.
IT background :
• You have several years of experience in databases management,
• You have technical skills and relevant experience in one or more of the following domains :
o Oracle RDBMS administration on Unix / Linux systems,
o Oracle database migrations in different environments (Linux, AIX),
o Database support in mission critical environments,
o Physical design and SQL tuning,
o Oracle 11g, 12c, PL/SQL, EM Grid Control,
o Unix/Linux Shell scripting skills;
• Additional skills in the following areas will be of advantage : Exadata, Dataguard, Partitioning, Multitenant, APEX.
• Culture and knowledge of Development with Oracle Database would be an asset.
• A general knowledge of the banking industry will be an advantage,
• Good communication and analytical skills,
• Willing to learn and teach team members
• Team working.
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: