Project Manager - Architect
Euregiostraße 8, 4700 Eupen, Belgium
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
You will work for the team in charge of the implementation, support and maintenance of the Financial applications.
We are looking for an IT Project/Service Manager with design/architect skills, specialised in the Finance domain
The customer is starting several initatives to revamp its Financial IT landscape. We are looking for external support to assist us with some architectural choices and to lead several projects will which start this year
As a Project Manager:
• You lead the development of the project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, budget ,procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and assignment of available resources to various phases of the project;
• You define the overall project governance and organisation, the deliverable scope and the associated responsibilities;
• You oversee the business, technical, organizational, management and financial aspects of the project;
• You regularly report project progress at all levels, including senior management and/or the sponsor/client;
• You coordinate a team of specialists to implement project tasks.
• You negotiate and manage contracts with external suppliers with the support of specialized teams (e.g. Corporate Procurement);
• You manage projects using stable project management processes, strategy and frameworks;
• You assist senior management to gain organizational buy-in where required; maintains and follows-up throughout the project;
• You autonomously deal with tensions and disputes, looking for consensus and benefit for the company.
On smaller initatives, you'll be requested to act as achitect:
• You partner with business analysts and infrastucture team to analyse and translate business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint
• You analyse the Business needs and develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
• You design applications and their interfaces in line with the required business and operational requirements, while being compatible with the enterprise wide architectural and design guidelines;
• You are in contact with IT Infrastructure Teams to provide them with a clear and complete information on the application technical context and physical topology;
• You build a good functional and technical knowledge of the implemented package and its interfaces;
• You participate to the application software delivery to both test and production environments;
• You contribute to the supervision and/or validation of the build process;
• You support the test execution, from a technical point of view, handled by the Business end-users during the User Acceptance Test;
IMPORTANT: Mention here below a maximum of 3 killing criteria (especially for contractors), the fact that one of them is missing will imply a definitive no-go for the candidate (e.g.: "minimum 7y in testing", or "3y experience in C++ " etc.)
• Experience in Finance, accounting or billing (10+ years)
• Experience as Project Manager and/or as Service Manager (5+ years)
• Experience with off-shore deliveries
We are looking for an "hands-on" project leader, who is able to manage several small to medium projects in a structured complex IT infrastructure
Because you’ll be working from start to finish on each project, it’s essential to understand all aspects of each system, from both a business and technical point of view.
Our landscape contains Oracle eBS, OBIEE, ODI, ORMB, OneSumX, many other small packages and legacy applications running on mainframe. Experience in these packages are not required, but expositions to similar tools is expected.
• Experience as Project Manager (10+ years)
• Experience in Finance processes (any industry) - accounting, billing, costing & profitability, ... (10+ years)
• Prince2 / PMI certification
• Experience in architecture/design of packaged applications
• Experience in offshore deliveries and fixed/price engagement deliveries
• Knowledge of basic IT principles (system integration, data management, File Transfer, ETL, networking, ...)
• MS Office
• You are Customer minded
• You are proactive and able to think out of the box
• You have good organizational skills and the capacity to work autonomously;
• You can build constructive relationships with all stakeholders, both inside and outside of The customer;
• You are committed to accuracy and completeness
• You have good analytical skills
• You demonstrate good communication and negotiation skills
• You are able to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way
• You speak/write English fluently, French or Dutch is an asset
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: