Polyvalent Administrator (Monitoring and/or CMDB) ( (H / F))
Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
Looking for an experienced polyvalent administrator to support the planning, architecture, analysis, design, implementation, administration, and operations of CMDB and Monitoring solution
BMC Remedy 9.xxx and CMDB; BMC ProactiveNET, Truesight, Dynatrace, Patrol and open source monitoring (PANDORA).
As team member the polyvalent Administrator cooperates with various IT departments to operate, administrate, produce and document CMDB (Ci inventory), monitoring (server & application).
The Monitoring and CMDB Administrator member operates, implements and maintains monitoring and CMDB technology in a 24x7 enterprise production environment.
- Operation, administration and integration of supervisory solutions based mainly on tools: BMC PATROL and BMC BEM/Truesight or similar monitoring solution by adapting the configurations according to the situation.
- Operation, administration and integration of CMDB (components & technology CI) solutions based mainly on tools: BMC Remedy 9.xxx good knowledge, IA Atrium Integrator or similar solution by adapting the configurations according to the situation
The key accountabilities for this role are:
Meet with application, service operation teams, developers, network/systems engineers, system administrators, and DBAs to collect monitoring requirements.
From a broad selection of monitoring tools, conceptualize, develop, and implement vendor or custom monitoring solutions to ensure system functions at peak performance.
Identify, analyse, architect, and test enhancements or bug fixes to the current systems management infrastructure to meet changing requirements and increase productivity.
Analyze processes to establish technical guidelines and standards for systems monitoring.
Provide administrative support for configuration and proper operation of monitoring tools used by Ops teams.
Create documentation and formalize procedures pertaining to the operation of the servers, and applications.
Consults with and provides recommendations to other Ops teams (application / network /system / DBA / security).
- Administration of CMDB and/or Monitoring platform
- Handle daily operation activities (requests, changes and incidents)
- insure that requests and incidents are resolved within agreed KPI
- Insure availability of CMDB and monitoring solution (monitoring, alerting) in 24/7 mode (oncall)
- Incident management: Responsible for informing incident manager, system and application owners of none completeness and/or none accuracy, critical error detected by the monitoring solution on regular basis.
- Respond to technical support tickets for CMDB and Monitoring features and configuration
- Help service owners translate business needs into CMDB and Monitoring solution
- Configure CMDB and Monitoring solution to deliver alerts
- Deploy in production & administrate CMDB and Monitoring tools on the existing perimeter
- Setup test & validation of new applications (release, patch)
- Maintain documentation (how-to, normalization, installation)
(*)Participation in project and customer and technical team training:
- Participate in monitoring technical projects
- If necessary, provide training and support to application owners and technical team to enable them to respond to all data and quality standards.
- If necessary, assist / support service owner to develop their internal process to ensure detection of error and proactive.
Ideal candidate (Essential Skills & Technologies):
8+ years of progressive experience in technical and/or consulting role
knowledge in Supervision (administration and implementation) : BMC ProactiveNET, Truesight, Event management (BEM or HPOV or TIVOLI), Patrol, TMART, AppVisibility, PANDORA, MRL, KM (Oracle, WebLogic, Unix, etc..) Understanding of monitoring event management
knowledge in CMDB (administration and implementation) : BMC Remedy 9.xxx good knowledge, IA Atrium Integrator, understanding of logical and physical data models, Comprehensive understanding of relational database (primary / foreign relations, etc.), Capable to formulate (in writing) and execute SQL queries on the Oracle database, Capable to recognize and automate the loading of data / update activities
System : Linux / Unix and additionally Windows is a plus
Scripting: at least one of the programming languages : Shell (like ksh, bash) and PowerShell is a plus
ITIL certified or relevant experience/knowledge
English fluently spoken and written
-Ability to supervise and work simultaneously on different activities with a variety of projects and short deadlines.
-Good analytical skills as well as time management skills, interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation skills).
-Autonomous and energetic
- Team player
Location : Luxembourg
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: