Oracle Database Administrator
Hasselt 1A, Beiler 9944, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
In accordance with the quality and security procedures currently in place within the customer IT department, the candidate is an adaptable and self-motivated person that will carry out the following duties:
• Elaborate and implement monitoring solution (Incidents, performances & KPIs) for the databases. With regard to these results, realize the fine tuning in order to improve the efficiency and the stability
• Define the pre-requisite for the technical upgrades; define the planning and all the task of the migration in collaboration with the technical leader and our production service
• Assist and discuss technical improvements/features to bring at the recurrent technical workshops with providers and our production service.
• Provide formation to development teams (Luxembourg and offshore sites) to ensure the continuity
• Bridge between system DBAs, developers and application providers
Maintain and work on the performance of our core systems, running on three tiers architecture (Oracle Application Server / Oracle Database 11g-12c).
• SQL Tuning
• Implementation of archiving & purge modules
• Realization of periodic reorganization
Manage, in collaboration with our production supplier, the realization of several technical migrations or implementations :
• Migration of our middleware database from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c
• Implementation of Golden Gate replication and BI Publisher
• Replacement of Oracle Report by Oracle BI Publisher
• Deployment of OEM, RMAN and other features
Act as database architect and ensure good practice of the databases usages.
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Define development rules and monitor objects updates
• Ensure awareness of development team via training and communication
• BI Publisher
• Good knowledge (development, basic administration, tuning) of the Oracle products:
• Database (***)
• Replication Tool, ETL (**)
• Application server (*)
• BI Publisher (*)
• Report Server (*)
• Skills in Unix AIX with use of shell scripts and Perl
• At least 2 years of experience in Oracle management
• Organisation and time management skills
• High technical awareness
• Excellent analysis and writing skills
• Autonomy and initiative
• Strong interpersonal and communication (spoken and written) skills
• Accomplished team player
• Excellent written and oral French and English skills are essential, any other language is an advantage
Start date: ASAP
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: