Middleware Websphere Administrator
Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
In this role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting our middleware environment as a core component of the bank's business critical applications.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot any issues in the middleware environment, analyze root cause and provide corrective measures; work closely with vendor and/or infrastructure provider until a solution is found, successfully implemented and properly documented;
• Handle 24/7 on call rotation for production issues; ensure escalation process is followed;
• Provide support in code deployment, change management and application level troubleshooting for existing middleware environments; Interface with developers for application projects; be involved in integrating and testing applications;
• Provide technical input and requirements for the design and implementation of new middleware infrastructure; work in close collaboration with our infrastructure provider;
• Install, configure, tune and upgrade middleware environment according to production or project requirements and constraints;
• Setup load balancing, clustering and failover;
• Be involved in the application migration process after middleware software upgrade;
• Configure connections and security settings for WebSphere Application Server (WAS);
• Develop and maintain shell scripts to automate deployment, maintenance and administration tasks;
• Ensure a constant level of availability and performance of the middleware environment by monitoring environment performance and proactively implement measures;
• Design and perform backup and recovery procedure for middleware;
• Develop and maintain middleware environment-related support documentation;
• Provide consultation and analysis to improve quality, accuracy and efficiency;
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Master's degree in computer science or information systems;
• IBM Certification is a must;
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
• Hands on experience in the installation, configuration, tuning/sizing, clustering, deployment and problem resolution of WebSphere Middleware components;
• Ability to use or develop tools to automate maintenance, configuration changes, password changes, deployments and migrations of WebSphere Middleware components;
• Ability to install and configure WebSphere AS servers, MQ servers and IBM Integration Bus (IIB). Perform MQ System Management, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenance;
• Excellent UNIX (IBM AIX / Linux RHEL) experience; proficiency in shell scripting ;
• Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred;
• Hands-on experience with Open Source Software like Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Ansible, tomcat-jetty-Springboot (microservice), Nginx-apache, CI/CD Tools like XLDeploy;
• Experience in a Devops Environment (agile relationship between Development and Operation teams).
Personal Skills :
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability and willingness to learn new products if needed;
• Positive Attitude and Customer Focus;
• Excellent Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening);
• Innovative thinking and problem solving;
• Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution techniques;
• Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required;
• Mentoring / teaching ; willingness to share knowledge and to provide guidance to junior staff;
• Effective time management.
Technical environment :
• Middleware: IBM Websphere (WAS, MQ, ESB, IIB), Microsoft IIS; Kafka;
• Databases: Oracle DB, Oracle Exadata, Microsoft SQL;
• Programming and scripting: Oracle PL/SQL, Korn Shell, VB script, Python, Java;
• Operating Systems: Linux RHEL, IBM AIX, Microsoft Windows;
• Virtualisation: VMWare ESX, IBM PowerVC;
• Container: Docker, Kubernetes;
• Devops environment
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: