Medior/Senior Java Developer - Liège - Leuven
Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
This request is for an energetic professional to join a dynamic team at Major Energy provider building a state of the art workflow, automation and decision support platform using modern commercial and open-source frameworks. As a Senior Developer, the candidate will be responsible for development, support, maintenance and implementation of complex project modules. Candidate should be able to work as an independent team member, capable of applying judgment to plan and execute design and development tasks. Candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of at least one development technology / programming language. Candidate should be able to articulate responses to technical queries / requests from team members and customers. Candidate should be able to coach, guide and mentor junior members in the team. Candidate should have the ability to design and implement new BPM workflows.
- Strong Java developer with experience working in a distributed application environment.
- 5+ years of experience with design and development for Java/J2EE Client/Server applications.
- 3+ years with relational databases and JDBC as well handling varying data sources including manipulating large text data.
- Working knowledge of Hibernate, Spring Framework and Angular (2+).
- Strong UNIX or Linux knowledge.
- Good communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and communicate effectively to clients, management and other departments.
Nice to have:
- Experience with BPM (Camunda, JBPM/Red Hat BPMS, Activiti or similar products) tools
- Experience in Energy or related industry is a definite plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies like Docker and OpenShift.
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture.
- Ability to adapt to project direction and scope.
- Knowledge of Intellij, Maven, Git/Gitlab, Jenkins and CICD pipelines.
- Experience with JUnit and other unit and load testing environments.
- Familiar with web services (SOAP, REST).
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: