Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
We are the internal IT hosting services provider of a large organisation in Luxembourg city. The role is part of our architecture team under the responsibility of the Lead Architect; this team designs hosting services for Database, Middleware, BI, web servers, that are consumed by application owners in various policy domains. The team has grown a lot in the last 3 years and the Lead Architect needs a deputy.
The Deputy Lead Architect oversees and coordinates the work of the architecture team (35 people) in collaboration with the lead architect. This comprises:
• Working with the 5 service architects to guarantee consistent IT services for our customers: service catalogue, portal, orchestration, inventory, quality assurance, transition to 24/7 operations teams.
• Working with the 30 technical architects on their projects and activities to make sure the technical designs are aligned with customer needs and internal guidelines. Offer guidance and foster collaboration between people.
• Help to handle the relations of the architecture team with the rest of our teams: operations, development, testing, etc. A total of 140 people work in our managed service.
• Help to handle the relations of the architecture team with our customer (15 persons) in the context of projects or change management.
• Take part in recruitment, performance evaluation and other HR topics.
Tech skills (must have)
• Broad understanding of database and middleware functionality (any vendor or flavour).
• Broad understanding of systems, network, and storage.
• Experience with enterprise architecture.
• Experience with automation projects.
• ITIL Foundation certified.
Tech skills (nice to have)
• Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to guide people, understand concerns and address them, de-fuse tense situations.
• Service-oriented mind-set.
• Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner.
• Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential. Any other European language is a plus.
• At least 10 years of experience working in at least one large-scale IT environment as a technical architect, technical project manager, product manager.
• At least 5 years of experience managing a team.
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: