Developer / Designer
Euregiostrasse 8, 4700 Eupen, Belgium
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
The ADM (Application Development and Maintenance) division of our customer ensures its competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets.
You will work for the Corporate Support team in charge of the implementation, support and maintenance of the Enterprise systems
We are looking for a developper with design and testing skills
The Corporate Support team is increasing the number of applications to be supported and maintained (mostly Financial). So we are looking for external support to assist us with the implementation and integration of new packages and maintenance of existing packages
As a Designer :
• You implement pakaged applications and design their interfaces in line with the required business and operational requirements, while being compatible with the enterprise wide architectural and design guidelines;
• You are in contact with IT Infrastructure Teams to provide them with a clear and complete information on the application technical context and physical topology;
• You build a good functional and technical knowledge of the implemented package and its interfaces;
• You participate to the application software delivery to both test and production environments;
• You may contribute to the supervision and/or validation of the build process by external companies;
As a Developer:
• You can code in a programming language and perform development activities, to help on package implementation or to develop tools around it;
• You contribute to the package interfaces implementation and/or scheduling;
As an Application Support Analyst :
• You resolve independently Production complex incidents affecting the applications under your control and communicate effectively with the internal Business Users;
• You resolve Business information requests;
• You provide application support for test systems as well;
As a Test Analyst:
• You are able to design Test scenarios and Test scripts (technical and integration testing)
• You are able to execute and document your tests
• You can identify defects, log them, interpret them and follow up on them
• You support the test execution, from a technical point of view, handled by the Business end-users during the User Acceptance Test;
We are looking for a developper/designer with a large range of skills, but no need to be expert in each of them. A background in Financial applications is very important to be able to be able to learn fast the customer’s applications and infrastructure.
Our landscape contains an ERP, a BI platform, ETL, a billing package, an AML package and many other small packages. Expertise in these packages are not required, but expositions to similar tools is expected.
You must be efficient both under Windows/SQL and under Linux/Oracle
min 10 years in IT in a design/developper function
Technical skills :
• Knowledge of SQL and SSIS (expert level)
• Knowledge of Java (medium level)
• Knowledge in package configuration and integration
• Knowledge in ETL development and report development
• Knowledge of SQLServer and Oracle DB
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
• Knowledge of MS Office and Excel macro development;
• Knowledge of the basic infrastructure principles (firewall, proxy, SSO, FTP, ...)
Given the team size and the broad scope of work, we are looking for a "jack of all trades" profile
Additionally, following soft skills are key :
• You are open to learn new applications (especially in the Finance domain) and their usage;
• You have good organizational skills and the capacity to work autonomously;
• You can build constructive relationships with all stakeholders, both inside and outside of customer;
• You can manage changes and conflicting priorities;
• You can share knowledge and expertise with others;
• You are meticulous in your work;
• You demonstrate good communication and negotiation skills;
• You have good analytical skills;
• You are able to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way;
• You speak/write English fluently, French or Dutch is an asset
• You are used to work in project mode
• Experience in SSIS and SQL
• Experience in Java and Linux
• Broad experience in package implementation in different environments
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: