Join AbAKUS it-solutions and become an expert in IT comfort!
AbAKUS it-solutions is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, AbAKUS it-solutions seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialised experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (Sharepoint, Drupal, Weblogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, AbAKUS it-solutions hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
AbAKUS it-solutions works either in its premises or in our customer’s one, remote activities are sometime possible.
To apply select APPLY at the bottom of the page
Business Intelligence Analyst
Euregiostrasse 8, 4700 Eupen, Belgium
To be able to execute a large, multi-year program & keep running the Business as Usual, we want to strengthen the BI team with a Business Intelligence analyst. Are you an experienced BI practitioner and do you think your expertise can make the difference? Are you willing to make our customer even a more data driven company than it already is? Than this assignment is possibly the ideal fit for you.
• The Business Intelligence team ensures that the different business units have the right insights deducted from raw data.
• The team provides these insights via standard Cognos reports & dashboards, Qlik Sense self-service cubes, ad-hoc deep-dive data analysis and advanced analytics (e.g. predictive models).
• We assist management in making the right tactical & strategic decisions based on dat
You will work on a daily basis closely together with our other BI analysts and be part of the BI team, that is responsible for:
• shaping the vision, setup & maintenance of the reporting environment.
• dealing with a diversity of ad-hoc analysis questions, in which we are a trusted partner for business.
• exploring proactively the possibilities & limitations of turning data into insights (e.g. doing a POC), and advising our business & IT stakeholders in the way forward.
• “bridging business & IT”, giving direction to the future solution in the data warehouse & HR systems, working closely together with agile IT scrum teams.
• providing our stakeholders with the necessary training, advice & support, enabling self-service BI.
• You combine a strong business affinity with a great interest in data crunching.
• You have great communication & presentation skills and know how to convince people
• You are eager to learn and you do not avoid any challenge
• You can manage your own planning & priorities and can align with stakeholders of every level to come to the desired result
• You have a good portion of assertiveness and you dare to challenge your stakeholders where needed
• You are flexible and love to work in a very dynamic & changing environment
• You understand what it takes to work with confidential corporate data
• You have a Master degree Commercial/Civil Engineer, Applied Economics, Computer Sciences, Information Management or equal in experience.
• You have at least 3 years of experience working as a BI, business or functional analyst in a BI environment.
• You can identify gaps in the business information needs and know how to capture BI requirements using the right interview & workshop techniques. You can define a conceptual data model & translate business needs into a functional design for the IT agile scrum teams. Knowing the basics of ETL is a plus.
• You have experience working with BI reporting & data discovery tools as a report designer (not only as a consumer), preferably in Cognos and Qlik Sense. Facts & dimensions have no secrets for you. You also know how to turn data into meaningful visualizations.
• Having Telecom industry experience is a plus.
• Having knowledge of statistics & data mining techniques (like segmentation, clustering, regression, outlier/anomaly detection, etc.) is a great plus.
• You have a very good knowledge of (Oracle) SQL and MS Excel.
• You are familiar with the agile scrum project methodology. A project management certificate is a plus.
• You have a very good knowledge of Dutch & English. French is a plus.