Application Support Engineer - Business Intelligence (M/F)
Hauptstrooss 1, Heinerscheid 9753, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
You will provide support to applications and projects within IT Services environment and will ensure that maximum service level is provided to customers on a 24-hour basis .
Principal duties and responsibilities :
• Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing…) with our infrastructure provider
• Implement, integrate and support third party software as well as internally developed applications within the IT Services
• Support the production environment 24/7 and will solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers on a 24-hour basis
• Analyze problems and resolve issues and will perform monitoring, tuning and optimization of performance of in-house IT applications as well as third party software whilst ensuring maximum availability and service to customers
• Ensure the integrity of the production environment and will implement upgrades or new products that are critical for the daily operational business
• Create and update all documents related to applications and their supporting systems.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Mathematics or specialized training/certification;
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
• Experience and knowledge in Business Intelligence concepts and principle (Data warehousing, Datamarts, ETL, BI analysis, Big Data,…);
• Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing environment preferred;
IT Skills :
• Required hands-on knowledge of business intelligence tools (Business Object, Cognos, Qlikview, SAS, Dataiku);
• Experience and knowledge in database administration (Oracle DB, Exadata, Microsoft SQL);
• Experience in modeling methods (Merise and UML);
• Experience in Unix (Linux RHEL and IBM AIX) and shell scripting (Korn shell, Python, VB script);
• Functional and application architecture sensitivity;
Personal Skills :
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture
• Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
• Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
• Innovative thinking and problem solving
• Effective time management
• Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution
• Willingness to work weekends as required
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: