Application Support Engineer BI Risk
Hasselt 1A, Beiler 9944, Luxembourg
Join ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS and become an expert in IT comfort!
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is seeking to hire people passionate about IT not afraid to mix serious work and a bit of madness!
You will provide support to external packages as well as inhouse development on Risk Management applications and Business Intelligence domain.
• Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing…) with our infrastructure provider.
• Support the environments and solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers.
• Analyze problems, solve issues, implement monitoring, perform performance tuning and optimization.
• Ensure the integrity of the managed environments and perform upgrades.
• Initiate the adequate monitoring.
• Create and update all documents related to applications and their supporting systems.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Equivalent to the completion of at least 4 years of college coursework in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector
• Strong hands-on knowledge of enterprise server and desktop operating systems, applications, and scripting such as
o Linux, Microsoft Windows
o Oracle, SQL Server
o Websphere Application Server, IIS
o Powershell, Python, Shellscript
o Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS)
• Experience with Risk and/or BI applications would be an asset
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture.
• Positive Attitude and Customer Focus & effective time management
• Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
• Innovative thinking and problem solving
• Ability to conduct research into software development, delivery concepts, and technical application issues.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and incident resolution.
• Willingness to work weekends and provide on-call support if required.
Opportunities are numerous. From bare applications development to of IT infrastructures management including conception, architecture and requirements analysis.
Although open to technologies used by our customers, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS seeks mainly but not only consultants mastering: Windows and Linux Servers, networks, developments (JAVA, SAP, .NET,…) as well as highly specialized experts for example in cybersecurity or in Content Management System (CMS) (SharePoint, Drupal, WebLogic…).
In terms of non-technical competencies, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS hires dynamic persons, open to the world, interested by innovation and having a keen sense of client relationship.
A very good command of English is essential, the capacity to speak French, German or Dutch is an asset.
Even though most of our positions require at least 3 years of experience, some are open to new starters.
In the meantime,
Look around on our website: